The purpose of the Canadian Association of Parapsychological Research & Investigation, is:
- To pursue and promote studies in the field of parapsychology which is the investigation into extrasensory perception, mind-matter interaction, and survival of human consciousness after bodily death.
- To publish and make available to the public any such reports of research findings.
- To organize and sponsor educational opportunities on topics relevant to parapsychology through lectures, discussion groups, and demonstrations.
- To liaise and cooperate with other parapsychological researchers.
- To study definitions of extrasensory perception, mind-matter interaction including macro-psychokinesis, micro-psychokinesis, and bio-psychokinesis, theories of survival, and related phenomena and practices.
- To conduct and participate in classical and contemporary studies of psychical research in Canada.
- To develop, conduct, or participate in scientific experiments to determine whether evidence providing proof of psi and survival is possible, utilizing the scientific methods quantitative and qualitative research techniques, hypothesis testing, experimental design, and peer-review evaluation processes.
- To document accounts, anecdotes, and reminiscences of death-bed visions, near-death experiences, spontaneous apparitions, post-mortem spirit communication via mediumship, recurrent spontaneous psychokinesis, psychokinesis, extrasensory perception, and other phenomena suggestive of a continued existence of some aspect of the human consciousness after physical death.
- To establish and maintain a library of publications relevant to parapsychology, including books on parapsychology, psychical research, and survival after bodily death, and other related topics.
- To facilitate the transfer of documentation relating to parapsychological research and related studies to an appropriate archival repository.
- To create and publish research aids relevant to parapsychology, including bibliographies, directories, and other access tools.
- To obtain and disburse funding to carry out the purpose of the Association/Incorporation.